The Richard Wagner Society of South Australia Public Fund
The Richard Wagner Society of South Australia is registered as a Cultural Organisation with the Australian Taxation Office. Cultural bodies listed on the Register are able to receive tax deductible donations to assist them with their cultural objectives, specifically in the case of the Society, to promote artistic, scholarly and public interest in Richard Wagner’s works and in those who perform them.
According to the By-Laws of the Society, the following money must be paid into the Public Fund
- donations of money to the Society
- money produced by or derived from property donated to the Society; and
- interest on money in the Public Fund.
No other money may be paid into the Public Fund. Money will not be taken to have been donated to the Society if it was given in exchange for sponsorships or for promotional or advertising services or for any other service rendered by the Society.
All amounts over $2 donated to the Public Fund are tax-deductible and receipts for money paid into the Public Fund will be issued in the name of “the Richard Wagner Society of South Australia, Inc. – Public Fund”. These receipts can then be used to claim a tax deduction.
The Public Fund is administered by the Public Fund Committee, a sub-committee of the Richard Wagner Society Committee and money paid out of the Fund must be approved by the Public Fund Committee which meets three to four times a year.
In recent years the Public Fund has supported:
- Australasian Double Reed Society Solo Cor Anglias Competition (2013)
- The Coriole Music Festival (2013)
- Adelaide Symphony Orchestra (on-going)
- Adelaide Eisteddfod Competition (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- The State Opera of South Australia – Sponsorship of Lionel Friend (2010)
Donations to the Public Fund may be made by cheque. Please mark cheques payable to the Richard Wagner Public Fund and mail to:
Richard Wagner Public Fund
PO Box 307
North Adelaide 5006
Alternatively, donations can be made online with Visa or Mastercard via the TryBooking secure payment gateway.